From: Dmitriy Kalinin [mailto:dkalinin(a)pivotal.io]
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2015 3:39 PM
To: Sumanth Yamala
Cc: cf-bosh(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org
Subject: Re: [cf-bosh] AWS DNS resolution + micro bosh

You should be able to use dns.recursor exactly the same way on AWS as you did on OpenStack.

Btw AWS provides 10.0.0.2 address in your subnet as a full DNS.

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Sumanth Yamala <Sumanth.Yamala(a)sas.com<mailto:Sumanth.Yamala(a)sas.com>> wrote:
Hi ,

I am using the features of BOSH DNS resolution. Deployed a microbosh. In my deployment manifest I specify for a default network to use 10.0.0.6 as my DNS.

The behavior is: in AWS
It is able to resolve BOSH deployed VM DNS like “0.docker.default.docker-sample.microbosh” but it is unable to resolve yahoo.com<http://yahoo.com>. How can I fix this behavior so that this resolves both.

In OpenStack I had a similar issue – I had to put properties:dns:recursor with the name server that resolves the company network and the “www” to get around this.

How do I solve this for AWS?

Thanks,
Sumanth

Join cf-bosh@lists.cloudfoundry.org to automatically receive all group messages.