Re: Help! - Issues with cloud foundry deployment on openstack

Dheepa Subramanian (sdheepa) <sdheepa@...>

Sorry, attaching the files now..

From: sdheepa <sdheepa(a)cisco.com<mailto:sdheepa(a)cisco.com>>
Date: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 1:53 PM
To: "cf-bosh(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-bosh(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>" <cf-bosh(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org<mailto:cf-bosh(a)lists.cloudfoundry.org>>
Cc: "Jayarajan Ramapurath Kozhummal (jayark)" <jayark(a)cisco.com<mailto:jayark(a)cisco.com>>
Subject: Help! - Issues with cloud foundry deployment on openstack

Hello,

We are new to cloud foundry. This is our first attempt to deploy cloud foundry on openstack using BOSH. We are following the instructions in this doc.

http://docs.cloudfoundry.org/deploying/openstack/install_cf_openstack.html

We have gotten past the initial steps and are at the point where we are running bosh deploy to deploy cloud foundry. We used Bosh-init (instead of microbosh) to deploy the director.

https://bosh.io/docs/init-openstack.html

http://docs.cloudfoundry.org/deploying/openstack/install_cf_openstack.html#deploy-cf

We are running to several issues with the cf-deployment.yml manifest file that was generated using Spiff. One such error is..

Error 130003: `ha_proxy_z1/0’ already has reservation for network `cf1', IP 2154496513<tel:2154496513>

What we are noticing is that the cf-deployment.yml that was generated from the cf-stub.yml (both files attached) may not be complete/missing information. We have been trying to manually edit the generated cf-deployment.yml and run the bosh deploy command but we keep hitting errors and are unable to proceed.

Ouestions are..

1. Should we even manually edit the cf-deployment.yml or should spiff have generated it correctly?
2. How do we validate that the contents of the deployment.yml are indeed correct?
3. Is there a sample cf-deployment.yml file that we can refer to?

I have attached cf-stub.yml, cf-deployment.yml and the debug output of the “bosh deploy” cmd for your reference.

Cloud Foundry version is 211
Bosh stem cell 2950- bosh-openstack-kvm-ubuntu-trusty-go_agent
Bosh version is 173

Appreciate your help!

Thanks
Dheepa