- How to prevent compilation VMs from being deleted?
Re: How to prevent compilation VMs from being deleted?
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
The point is to debug the compile scripts in the VM where they are running.
There is a way of dealing with VMs being destroyed after the compile script fail :
- Include a pause 10000 statement at the top of your compile script.
- bosh ssh to the compilation VM when it’s stuck on this pause 10000.
- Make a copy of the failing compile script with the pause 10000 removed.
- Run this copy with bash -x to inspect its behavior.
- Debug your script, fix it with an editor like vim, and iterate to step #4.
- When your compile script is working, quit the bosh ssh session and bosh scp it to your local machine, for inclusion in your BOSH Release.
Thanks Conor - I already have `reuse_compilation_vms` set but I believe it is intended to be re-used for compilation. BOSH seems to delete it anyway once the compilation job finishes/fails.
Join email@example.com to automatically receive all group messages.