Re: BOSH PMC Lead - Call for Nominations

Amit Kumar Gupta

Thank you DK for leading the amazing evolution of BOSH over these last few years! And congrats Marco, looking forward to your leadership on the future evolution!

On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 7:33 AM, Marco Voelz <marco.voelz@...> wrote:

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Looking forward to working with you more closely. Feel free to drop by the BOSH office hours or the SAP booth at CF Summit Basel if you're around!

From: Corey Innis <cinnis@...>
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2018 5:31:19 AM
To: cf-bosh@...
Cc: Voelz, Marco

Subject: Re: [cf-bosh] BOSH PMC Lead - Call for Nominations

Sorry to see DK go; delighted that Marco is stepping in. Long live BOSH.

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 10:49 PM Dr Nic Williams <drnicwilliams@...> wrote:
The more Marcos the better!

From: <cf-bosh@....org> on behalf of Marco Nicosia <mnicosia@...>
Date: Thursday, 26 July 2018 at 8:11 AM
To: "cf-bosh@....org" <cf-bosh@....org>
Cc: "Voelz, Marco" <marco.voelz@...>

From one Marco to another, I’m happy to congratulate you! Bravo!

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 17:37 Chip Childers <cchilders@...> wrote:

I'd like to officially announce that Marco Voelz is now the PMC Lead for the CF BOSH PMC. We're all looking forward to your leadership with the BOSH project community Marco!

-chip

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 3:33 AM Chip Childers <cchilders@...> wrote:

All,

Dmitry Kalinin has decided to step down from his formal role in the CFF as the PMC Lead for the BOSH PMC. As such, nominations are now open for that roll.

Dmitry has nominated Marco Voelz (from SAP) to take on this roll (and Marco has acknowledged his interest).

If any CFF member participating in a BOSH PMC project wishes to nominate someone else, please do so by the end of the week by contacting me directly. Nominations will close by Monday July 23. After the nomination window, we will hold a vote of the BOSH PMC to select the new lead.

Thanks, and please let me know if you have any questions about this.

For reference, the PMC lead is defined in the CFF's Dev Governance Policy here > https://www.cloudfoundry.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CFF_Development_Governance.pdf

Relevant text here:

"The PMC Lead is responsible for coordinating the activities of their respective PMCs, assisting in prioritizing that PMC’s Projects’ Backlog, assisting in resolving disputes within that PMC, and meeting with their respective PMC members. [snip] (PMC Leads) shall be either (1) a Project Lead participating in one of the PMC’s Projects or (2) a participant from a Member that has at least one Dedicated Committer in that PMC’s Active Projects. PMC Leads should generally be the most qualified Project Lead in that PMC. [snip] the PMC Lead/s may be nominated by any PMC Member, and elected by the PMC members using Governance by Contribution within that PMC. "

  Marco Nicosia

  Product Manager

  Pivotal Software, Inc.

  c: 650-796-2948