Re: Change filesystem type in V2 manifest schema

Marco Voelz

a change in filesystem format requires formatting the disk. Currently, the only way to trigger creating a new persistent disk and copying over the data is when changing the disk's size. Hope that helps.

Warm regards

From: <cf-bosh@...> on behalf of Ponraj E <ponraj.e@...>
Date: Thursday, 7. December 2017 at 15:53
To: "cf-bosh@..." <cf-bosh@...>
Subject: [cf-bosh] Change filesystem type in V2 manifest schema

Here in the bosh docs, it is mentioned that if we want to change the filesystem type, we have to change the persistent disk size.

Why is the disk size change mandatory for the filesystem change?

We have a use case where we want to migrate the deployment from ext4 filesystem to xfs filesystem. But as per the docs, this happens only when the disk size is also changed.

Appreciate the help.

Join to automatically receive all group messages.