Elixir for bosh director?
Leandro David Cacciagioni
After more than 6 months working with elixir in prod, it crossed my mind
that maybe it deserves some time of experiment and think on the possibility
of a *TOTAL REWRITE OF BOSH DIRECTOR USING ELIXIR*.
Some of the pros that I can list out of the box (without digging to much in
the technical side) are:
- Ruby like syntax (I know I know... This means a lot for people that
don't like erlang syntax) (I'm used to both so far)
- Easiness of development thanks to OTP & FP.
- Scalability (ex:
- True no downtime updates.
- nats can be deprecated.
- All the other jobs (Director, Registry, Blobstore, HM & CPI) can to
be OTP/Apps (Mix powered) under the same umbrella project.
- Clustering out of the box
- Perfomance wins, giving the nature of elixir/erlang/OTP is easy to
guess that a single bosh instance will gonna be able to manage more
deployments and bigger deployments than it does now.
This is a suggestion and I would like to know if you agree or don't and why.