Re: error: VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX)

Adrian.Kurt@...

I'd not install it in the vm. Just use vagrant to start the bosh-lite on the same host. So you have two vms: 1. You Ubuntu vm, 2. A bosh-lite

I used this setup myself to start developing bosh releases.

You should be able to enable virtualization inside your vm using the advanced setting of the processer configuration. I've added a screenshot of the config.

Select the 'Enable VT-x/AMD-V' option.

[cid:image002.png(a)01D2BA95.826E5D10]

I'm pretty sure you won't be happy with the nested virtualization as it is really slow due to the huge amount of overhead.

So please just start the bosh-lite in the same virualbox instance as your Ubuntu vm is running in.

Have a nice weekend as well!

Kind regards

Adrian