Re: BOSH Manifest and directory_uuid

Dr Nic Williams

Try this idea https://github.com/concourse/concourse/blob/master/manifests/bosh-lite.yml#L4

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Alberto Flores <aaflores(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

Thanks Dmitriy, so if I “version control” a manifest, I’d have to keep a different version for “prod” and another one for “staging”? Is there a way to override it in the command line?
--
Alberto Flores
Twitter: @albertoaflores
From: Dmitriy Kalinin <dkalinin(a)pivotal.io>
Reply: Dmitriy Kalinin <dkalinin(a)pivotal.io>>
Date: May 20, 2015 at 3:05:41 PM
To: albertoaflores <aaflores(a)gmail.com>>
Subject:  Re: [cf-bosh] BOSH Manifest and directory_uuid
It's a safety feature so that people do not accidentally deploy deployment with a same name to a wrong environment. For example if you have staging and prod environments and both have cf deployment.
On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 10:30 AM, albertoaflores <aaflores(a)gmail.com> wrote:
Team,
After reviewing the bosh.io site and other email list, I can't find a good
reason on why does the manifest YAML file needs to have the director_uuid in
the manifest. According to the docs found here:
http://bosh.io/docs/deployment-manifest.html#deployment
It is a "required" field. Is this so? Keeping manifests in version control
will create a dependency on a single Director running. Is this by design?
Just looking for clarification more than a rant... :)

Join cf-bosh@lists.cloudfoundry.org to automatically receive all group messages.